Q & A: For the consumer by the consumer!
1. What is CBD? Cannabidiol (CBD) is the non-psychoactive phytocannabinoid in cannabis.
2. How does CBD work?
Phytocannabinoids are phytonutrients in the cannabis plant. The Phytocannabinoid system is very similar to our bodies natural endocannabinoid system. Endocannabinoids in our bodies promote chemical balance allowing us to reach ultimate health and homeostasis (balance). Phytocannabinoids do the same thing for the plant as endocannabinoids do for the human body promoting homeostasis.
3. Is CBD Marijuana?
Since Cannabidiol (CBD) is a phytonutrient in cannabis it can be extracted from both marijuana or hemp. Marijuana and hemp are both from the cannabis sativa family, but are two different plants. Hemp is very high in CBD and grown for agricultural and industrial purposes; while Marijuana is high in THC and grown for medicinal and recreational purposes. Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is a psychoactive cannabinoid in cannabis, THC is what gives the consumer the “high” or “euphoric” feeling.
4. Will CBD get you high?
No, CBD is the non-psychoactive cannabinoid in cannabis.
5. How much CBD do I take?
Every consumer is different, dosage is case by case. However, we would recommend starting with a low dosage amount and working your way up as needed. Of course we always recommend the consumer consult with a physician before adding any new dietary supplements.
6. Are their side effects with CBD?
CBD helps the body come to a place of homeostasis (balance). If the consumers body is not in balance then of course some side effects will come into play while balance is being restored. Some known side effects may be a change in appetite, change in mood, and tiredness. In o Lab results showing the consumer the actual CBD mg content as well the phytonutrients in the CBD product.
7. What is a good CBD product? It is very important that the consumer is able to choose a company they can trust to disclose on the label what is actually in the bottle. Every company and every product is different. A good CBD company will provide 3rd party Lab results showing the consumer the actual CBD mg content as well the phytonutrients in the CBD product.
8. Will CBD help with depression? Yes, many studies and testimonies has quantifiably shown CBD to help treat or eliminate depression. Adenosine, Dopamine and Serotonin are a few critical neurotransmitters needed for the body to be in homeostasis. Adenosine can help treat with irregular heartbeat. Dopamine helps regulate movement, attention, learning, and emotional responses. Serotonin is a contributor to the feelings of wellbeing or happiness. CBD can help your body activate and regulate these for overall health and wellbeing.
9. Does CBD help with energy?
Yes, CBD plays a significant part in assisting the body’s neurotransmitters. Neurotransmitters are chemical messengers that coordinate the transmission of signals from one nerve cell to the next. These neurotransmitters interact with targeted receptors in the brain and body to regulate many processes such as energy bringing the body to homeostasis.
10. Will CBD help with my lower back pain?
Yes, CBD has been known to help not only with lower back pain but any inflammation symptoms throughout the body. The immune system is triggered by injury, infection, toxins or imbalances and the body responds with inflammation. Inflammation of course is never good as it creates pain and discomfort. CBD help our neurotransmitters communication for minimizing inflammation and promoting healing.